I run into so many people who complain how they can't find a job, or get a promotion, or find new, great clients (Group 'A'). I also run into people who find a job quickly, get that promotion, and regularly find great clients (Group 'B').
What is the difference between Groups 'A' & 'B'?
- Group 'A' has developed the most perfectly formed excuse structure holding them back from success.
- Group 'B' fights their big fears every day, dismisses the weak ones, and gets shit done.
What do they do?
- Group 'A' blames their weaknesses, the market, their age, other people, and how customers demand so much more. They moan about their bad luck, how no one wants them, and how other forces are impacting their success.
- Group 'B' doesn't play that game. There is no time for blaming. They figure out what needs to be done and they do it. They realize it's going to be hard, they will be tested, and they will have to push themselves harder than ever before.
What happens in the end?
- Group 'A' plays the same broken record every day and suddenly find that half of 2017 has passed them by. They're still without a job, with no promotional opportunities (and their current position on the chopping block), and clients disappearing at an alarming rate.
- Group 'B' gets the interview and offer. They get the promotion and raise they asked about. They go after and get even bigger clients - bigger than they ever dreamed.
Which group are you currently in? What group do you want to be in?
Extra Credit . . . How To Be In Group 'B':
- Stop looking and finding excuses for your situation. You're a smart boy/girl — you know exactly what the problem is. Get out there and take action.
- Be Bold In Life - Start taking chances — not wild-ass ones, think about your next steps and then move!
- Ask for forgiveness, not permission — this is my mantra — reach out to that unreachable person, ask for that raise, go after that affluent client.
- Do It NOW - Don't wait for 'the right time'. There's no time like the present. "Action expresses priorities." - Gandhi
- Stop procrastinating because you're 'afraid'. This is a No Whining Zone — no one is going to change your diaper.