Those who make things happen.Those who watch things happen. Those who wonder what happened.
Which one will you be today?
We use the Robert Langdon/Sophie Neveu characters from Dan Brown's The DaVinci Code as examples with many of our clients. What are they like?
- Smart - top of their professions.
- Heroic - will do what has to be done.
- Action-oriented - when confronted with a problem/obstacle, they take action.
- Focused - thinks deeply about the topic at hand.
- Clever - thinks outside of the box.
- Communicative - takes charge, but not in an offensive way.
We can go on and on. Bottom line, these two characters present personas that one can use to take action, rather than retreat and let someone else take a chance. It might sound funny or ridiculous - but next time you find yourself in an uncomfortable situation, one where you are forced to step out of your comfort zone - pick a character - and focus on their strengths, make them yours, and you will initiate action immediately.