It's the most wonderful time of the year . . . I LOVE FALL! I used to run cross country - I love the smell in the air, the look of the trees, the wood stoves firing up. I get nostalgic for those times. But what is nature really telling us at this time of the year?
- Things die. Leaves are falling to the ground. Tilled my garden under for the winter.
- Things hibernate. Grass is turning light brown for the winter, but will come back in Spring.
- Things turn cold. Left the bedroom windows open last night. We FROZE!
- Time to pack things away. That incredible teal floral hawaiian swimsuit I bought thankfully goes away until next summer.
- Time to get ready for different weather. Having my famous wood stove cleaned as I type - wood is being delivered this week.
- Time for my favorite foods to appear. Macoun apples are MY favorite. By the way - looking for them - some help here would be appreciated.
- Get busy. Squirrels are losing their friggin' minds collecting thousands of acorns that have fallen on the ground.
How does this align with business? You career? Your life?
- Things die. Mourn their loss (a project, a system, a job) and MOVE ON. Right Now. It's never coming back.
- Things hibernate. A stream of business has gone away - look for others - don't fret! Take Action.
- Things turn cold. That's life - sometimes people or businesses give you the cold shoulder - find where the warmth lives.
- Time to pack things away. Things that haven't been working now might need to be put away for awhile. Work on new and interesting stuff.
- Time to get ready for different weather. Change your game - start targeting people instead of waiting for them to come to you.
- Time for my favorite foods to appear. New things appear on a regular timetable - what happens in your industry at this time? Take advantage of it - be prepared.
And finally . . .
GET BUSY! Stand up, get out, and start collecting the thousands of acorns that have fallen on the ground.
Just one might change your life.